Xilinx introduces the high-density QPro™ XQR17V16 series Radiation Hardened QML configuration PROMs which provide an easy-to-use, cost-effective method for storing large Xilinx FPGA configuration bitstreams. The XQR17V16CC44V is a 3.3V device with a storage capacity of 16 Mb and can operate in either a serial or byte-wide mode. for simplified block diagram of the XQR17V16 device architecture.
When the FPGA is in Master Serial mode, it generates a configuration clock that drives the PROM. A short access time after the rising clock edge, data appears on the PROM DATA output pin that is connected to the FPGA DIN pin. The FPGA generates the appropriate number of clock pulses to complete the configuration. Once configured, it disables the PROM. When the FPGA is in Slave Serial mode, the PROM and the FPGA must both be clocked by an incoming signal.
When the FPGA is in Master SelectMAP mode, it generates the configuration clock that drives the PROM and the FPGA. After the rising CCLK edge, data is available on the PROMs DATA (D0-D7) pins. The data will be clocked into the FPGA on the following rising edge of the CCLK. When the FPGA is in Slave SelectMAP mode, the PROM and the FPGA must both be clocked by an incoming signal. A freerunning oscillator can be used to drive the CCLK. Multiple devices can be concatenated by using the CEO output to drive the CE input of the following device. The clock inputs and the DATA outputs of all PROMs in this chain are interconnected. All devices are compatible and can be cascaded with other members of the family. For device programming, either the Xilinx ISE Foundation or ISE WebPACK software compiles the FPGA design file into a standard Hex format, which is then transferred to most commercial PROM programmers.
• Latch-Up Immune to LET >120 MeV/cm2/mg
• Guaranteed TID of 50 kRad(Si) per spec 1019.5
• Fabricated on Epitaxial Substrate
• 16Mbit storage capacity
• Guaranteed operation over full military temperature range: –55°C to +125°C
• One-time programmable (OTP) read-only memory designed to store configuration bitstreams of Xilinx FPGA devices
• Dual configuration modes
♦ Serial configuration (up to 33 Mb/s)
♦ Parallel (up to 264 Mb/s at 33 MHz)
• Simple interface to the Xilinx QPro FPGAs
• Cascadable for storing longer or multiple bitstreams
• Programmable reset polarity (active High or active Low) for compatibility with different FPGA solutions
• Low-power CMOS floating-gate process
• 3.3V supply voltage
• Available in ceramic CK44 packages(1)
• Programming support by leading programmer manufacturers
• Design support using the ISE Foundation or ISE WebPACK software packages
• Guaranteed 20 year life data retention
The devices can be programmed on programmers supplied by Xilinx or qualified third-party vendors. The user must ensure that the appropriate programming algorithm and the latest version of the programmer software are used. The wrong choice can permanently damage the device.The Xilinx Industrial components series XQR17V16CC44V is Configuration Memory, 2MX8, Parallel/serial, CMOS, CQCC44, CERAMIC, LCC-44, View Substitutes & Alternatives along with datasheets, stock, pricing from Authorized Distributors at FPGAkey.com, and you can also search for other FPGAs products.
Internet of Things