The XC3S1000E-5FT256C Field-Programmable Gate Arrays is specifically designed to meet the needs of high volume, cost-sensitive consumer electronic applications. The eight-member family offers densities ranging from 50,000 to 5,000,000 system gates, as shown in Datasheet.
The XC3S1000E-5FT256C builds on the success of the earlier Spartan-IIE family by increasing the amount of logic resources, the capacity of internal RAM, the total number of I/Os, and the overall level of performance as well as by improving clock management functions. Numerous enhancements derive from the Virtex-II platform technology. These XC3S1000E-5FT256C FPGA enhancements, combined with advanced process technology, deliver more functionality and bandwidth per dollar than was previously possible, setting new standards in the programmable logic industry.
Because of their exceptionally low cost, XC3S1000E-5FT256C FPGAs are ideally suited to a wide range of consumer electronics applications, including broadband access, home networking, display/projection and digital television equipment.
The XC3S1000E-5FT256C is a superior alternative to mask programmed ASICs. avoid the high initial cost, the lengthy development cycles, and the inherent inflexibility of conventional ASICs. Also, XC3S1000E-5FT256C FPGA programmability permits design upgrades in the field with no hardware replacement necessary, an impossibility with ASICs.
• Low-cost, high-performance logic solution for high-volume,
• Densities up to 74,880 logic cells
• SelectIO interface signaling
• Up to 633 I/O pins
• 622+ Mb/s data transfer rate per I/O
• 18 single-ended signal standards
• 8 differential I/O standards including LVDS, RSDS
• Termination by Digitally Controlled Impedance
• Signal swing ranging from 1.14V to 3.465V
• Double Data Rate (DDR) support
• DDR, DDR2 SDRAM support up to 333 Mb/s
• Logic resources
• Abundant logic cells with shift register capability
• Wide, fast multiplexers
• Fast look-ahead carry logic
• Dedicated 18 x 18 multipliers
• JTAG logic compatible with IEEE 1149.1/1532
• SelectRAM hierarchical memory
• Up to 1,872 Kbits of total block RAM
• Up to 520 Kbits of total distributed RAM
• Digital Clock Manager (up to four DCMs)
• Clock skew elimination
• Frequency synthesis
• High resolution phase shifting
Internet of Things