CIMS is the English abbreviation for Computer/contemporary Integrated Manufacturing Systems. Literal translation is computer/modern integrated manufacturing system. Computer Integrated Manufacturing-The concept of CIM was first proposed by American scholar Dr. Harrington.
CIMS, the basic starting point is:
1) Various production and business activities of the enterprise are inseparable, and should be considered in a unified manner;
2) The entire manufacturing process is essentially the process of information collection, transmission and processing.
Definition of CIMS: CIMS is the use of computer hardware and software, and the comprehensive use of modern management technology, manufacturing technology, information technology, automation technology, system engineering technology, the company's production process related to the three elements of people, technology, management and their information and Logistics is a large complex system that integrates organically and optimizes operations.
Therefore, as a unified whole, enterprises must adopt high-tech such as computers from a system perspective and a global perspective to accelerate the collection, transmission and processing of information, improve work efficiency and quality, and thus improve the overall level of the enterprise.
The various production and operation activities of the manufacturing industry, from human manual labor to the use of mechanical, automated equipment, and then the use of computers is a big leap, and the single-computer operation to integrated operation is a greater leap. As the latest development of manufacturing automation technology and the revolutionary achievement of industrial automation, CIMS represents the highest level of comprehensive automation in factories today and is hailed as the factory of the future.
The picture shows the working stacking robot. In the future, the operating workers in the factory will be replaced by these robots, and the factory will be unmanned.
It has been more than 20 years since the concept of CIM was put forward. For more than 20 years, the concept of CIM has spread from developed countries such as the United States to developing countries, and has expanded from typical discrete machinery manufacturing to continuous or semi-continuous manufacturing such as chemical and metallurgy.
The concept of CIM has been accepted by more and more people, and it has become a philosophy guiding factory automation. More and more factories have adopted computer technology to realize information integration according to CIM philosophy, and built computer integrated manufacturing systems of different levels.
CIMS is synonymous with computer integrated automated manufacturing system. The latter is another name for CIMS in early China. Although it is more popular, it cannot express the connotation of integration and is used less.
CIMS is the integration of multiple subsystems with different degrees of automation, such as management information system (MIS), manufacturing resource planning system (MRPII), computer-aided design system (CAD), computer-aided process design system (CAPP), computer-aided manufacturing system ( CAM), Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS), and CNC machine tools (NC, CNC), robots, etc. CIMS is developed on the basis of these automation systems. According to the needs and economic strength of enterprises, it integrates various automation systems through computers to realize information integration and function integration. Of course, these subsystems also use different types of computers. Some subsystems are also integrated. For example, MIS realizes the integration of multiple management functions, and FMS realizes the integration of processing equipment and material transportation equipment. But these integrations are in a smaller part, and CIMS is for the integration of the entire factory enterprise. CIMS is for the entire enterprise and covers a variety of business activities of the enterprise, including all aspects of production management, engineering design and manufacturing, that is, starting from product quotation and accepting orders, after planning and arrangement, design, manufacturing until product delivery and after-sales service, etc. The whole process.
In the current global economic environment, CIMS has been given a new meaning, namely the Modern Integrated Manufacturing System (Contemporary Integrated Manufacturing System). Combining information technology, modern management technology and manufacturing technology, and applied to all stages of the enterprise's entire life cycle, through information integration, process optimization and resource optimization, to achieve the integration and optimized operation of logistics, information flow and value flow to reach people ( Organization and management), operation and technology integration of three elements to strengthen the T, Q, C, S, E of the company's new product development, thereby improving the company's market resilience and competitiveness.
From a functional point of view, CIMS includes the three main functions of design, manufacturing, and management of a manufacturing enterprise. To integrate these three, a supporting environment is needed, that is, a distributed database and computer network, and guidance integration.
Operating system technology.
Four functional subsystems
(1) Management information subsystem
(2) Product design and manufacturing engineering design automation subsystem
(3) Manufacturing automation or flexible manufacturing subsystem
(4) Quality assurance subsystem
Two support subsystems
(1) Computer network subsystem
(2) Connotation of database subsystem
Integration and connection are different. It is not simply to connect two or more units together. It is a new system that combines units that are not originally connected or not closely connected into a certain function and close connection. The integration of two or more functions involves the interaction between two or more functions. Integration belongs to the category of system synthesis and system optimization in system engineering. From the macro perspective, the integration of CIMS mainly includes the following five aspects:
1) Integration of system operating environment
2) Integration of information
3) Integration of application functions
4) Integration of technology
5) Integration of people and organizations
At present, CIMS has developed into "contemporary integrated manufacturing (contemporary integrated manufacturing) and modern integrated manufacturing system (contemporary integrated manufacturing system)", which has expanded the connotation of the original CIM/CIMS in breadth and depth.
The life cycle of implementing CIMS can be divided into five stages.
1. Project preparation
2. Demand analysis
3. Overall solution design
4. System development and implementation
5. Operation and maintenance
1. Integration-from the current information integration within the enterprise to process integration (represented by parallel engineering), and is entering the stage of achieving integration between enterprises (represented by agile manufacturing).
2. Digitization/Virtualization-From the digital design of products, to the digitization of various activities, equipments and entities in the whole life cycle of products.
3. Networking-From LAN-based development to Internet/Intranet/Extranet-based distributed network manufacturing to support the realization of global manufacturing strategies.
4. Flexibility-Active research and development of dynamic alliance technology between enterprises, agile design and production technology, flexible reconfigurable machine technology, etc. to achieve agile manufacturing.
5. Intelligentization-Intelligence is the further development and extension of the manufacturing system on the basis of flexibility and integration, introducing various artificial intelligence technologies and intelligent control technologies to achieve the characteristics of self-discipline, distribution, intelligence, bionics, agility, fractal, etc. New generation manufacturing system.
6. Green-including green manufacturing, environmentally conscious design and manufacturing, ecological factories, cleaner production, etc. It is the embodiment of the global sustainable development strategy in the manufacturing industry, and is a brand-new subject facing the modern manufacturing industry.
(AMT-Advanced Manufacturing Technology)
Advanced manufacturing technology is the continuous absorption of traditional manufacturing technology
Embedded computer integrated manufacturing system
Receive the achievements in machinery, electronics, information, materials, energy and modern management, and apply them comprehensively to the whole process of product design, manufacturing, testing, management, sales, use, and service to achieve high quality, high efficiency, and low cost. Consumption, clean, flexible production, and the general term for manufacturing technology that achieves ideal technical and economic effects.
Agile manufacturing is based on competitiveness and credibility. It chooses partners to form a virtual company, divides the work and cooperates, and works together for the same goal to enhance the overall competitiveness and respond quickly to user needs to meet user needs.
Virtual manufacturing uses information technology, simulation technology, and computer technology to perform a comprehensive simulation of people, things, information, and manufacturing processes in real manufacturing activities, to discover possible problems in manufacturing, and to take preventive measures before the actual production of products. To achieve the success of one-time product manufacturing, to achieve the purpose of reducing costs, shortening product development cycle, and enhancing product competitiveness.
Concurrent engineering is a systematic method for designing products and related processes (including manufacturing processes and supporting processes) in an integrated and parallel manner. It requires product developers to consider all factors from concept formation to product scrapping throughout the product life cycle from the beginning, including quality, cost, schedule and user requirements. The development of concurrent engineering has created conditions for the birth of virtual manufacturing technology. Virtual manufacturing technology will be based on concurrent engineering. The further development of concurrent engineering is virtual manufacturing technology.
Before discussing the future development trend of modern integrated manufacturing technology, we should first understand the characteristics of current modern manufacturing and manufacturing enterprises, which are the driving force for the development of modern manufacturing technology.
FPGA Virtex-5 FXT Family 65nm Technology 1V 1136-Pin FCBGA
CPLD CoolRunner -II Family 12K Gates 512 Macro Cells 128MHz 0.18um Technology 1.8V 208-Pin PQFP EP
CPLD CoolRunner -II Family 12K Gates 512 Macro Cells 179MHz 0.18um Technology 1.8V 256-Pin FTBGA
FPGA Spartan-3A DSP Family 3.4M Gates 53712 Cells 667MHz 90nm Technology 1.2V 484-Pin BGA
FPGA Spartan-3A DSP Family 3.4M Gates 53712 Cells 770MHz 90nm Technology 1.2V 484-Pin LCSBGA