The MachXO2 family of ultra low power, instant-on, non-volatile PLDs has six devices with densities ranging from 256 to 6864 Look-Up Tables (LUTs). In addition to LUT-based, low-cost programmable logic these devices feature Embedded Block RAM (EBR), Distributed RAM, User Flash Memory (UFM), Phase Locked Loops (PLLs), preengineered source synchronous I/O support, advanced configuration support including dual-boot capability and hardened versions of commonly used functions such as SPI controller, I2 C controller and timer/counter. These features allow these devices to be used in low cost, high volume consumer and system applications.
The MachXO2 devices are designed on a 65nm non-volatile low power process. The device architecture has several features such as programmable low swing differential I/Os and the ability to turn off I/O banks, on-chip PLLs and oscillators dynamically. These features help manage static and dynamic power consumption resulting in low static power for all members of the family.
The MachXO2 devices are available in two versions – ultra low power (ZE) and high performance (HC and HE) devices. The ultra low power devices are offered in three speed grades -1, -2 and -3, with -3 being the fastest. Similarly, the high-performance devices are offered in three speed grades: -4, -5 and -6, with -6 being the fastest. HC devices have an internal linear voltage regulator which supports external VCC supply voltages of 3.3V or 2.5V. ZE and HE devices only accept 1.2V as the external VCC supply voltage. With the exception of power supply voltage all three types of devices (ZE, HC and HE) are functionally compatible and pin compatible with each other.
The MachXO2 PLDs are available in a broad range of advanced halogen-free packages ranging from the space saving 2.5x2.5 mm WLCSP to the 23x23 mm fpBGA. MachXO2 devices support density migration within the same package. Table 1-1 shows the LUT densities, package and I/O options, along with other key parameters.
The pre-engineered source synchronous logic implemented in the MachXO2 device family supports a broad range of interface standards, including LPDDR, DDR, DDR2 and 7:1 gearing for display I/Os.
The MachXO2 devices offer enhanced I/O features such as drive strength control, slew rate control, PCI compatibility, bus-keeper latches, pull-up resistors, pull-down resistors, open drain outputs and hot socketing. Pull-up, pulldown and bus-keeper features are controllable on a “per-pin” basis.
A user-programmable internal oscillator is included in MachXO2 devices. The clock output from this oscillator may be divided by the timer/counter for use as clock input in functions such as LED control, key-board scanner and similar state machines.
The MachXO2 devices also provide flexible, reliable and secure configuration from on-chip Flash memory. These devices can also configure themselves from external SPI Flash or be configured by an external master through the JTAG test access port or through the I2 C port. Additionally, MachXO2 devices support dual-boot capability (using external Flash memory) and remote field upgrade (TransFR) capability.
Flexible Logic Architecture
• Six devices with 256 to 6864 LUT4s and 19 to 335 I/Os
Ultra Low Power Devices
• Advanced 65 nm low power process
• As low as 19 µW standby power
• Programmable low swing differential I/Os
• Stand-by mode and other power saving options
Embedded and Distributed Memory
• Up to 240 Kbits sysMEM Embedded Block RAM
• Up to 54 Kbits Distributed RAM
• Dedicated FIFO control logic
On-Chip User Flash Memory
• Up to 256 Kbits of User Flash Memory
• 100,000 write cycles
• Accessible through WISHBONE, SPI, I2 C and JTAG interfaces
• Can be used as soft processor PROM or as Flash memory
Pre-Engineered Source Synchronous I/O
• DDR registers in I/O cells
• Dedicated gearing logic
• 7:1 Gearing for Display I/Os
• Generic DDR, DDRX2, DDRX4
• Dedicated DDR/DDR2/LPDDR memory with DQS support
High Performance, Flexible I/O Buffer
• Programmable sysIO buffer supports wide range of interfaces:
– LVCMOS 3.3/2.5/1.8/1.5/1.2
– LVDS, Bus-LVDS, MLVDS, RSDS, LVPECL
– SSTL 25/18
– HSTL 18
– Schmitt trigger inputs, up to 0.5V hysteresis
• I/Os support hot socketing
• On-chip differential termination
• Programmable pull-up or pull-down mode
Flexible On-Chip Clocking
• Eight primary clocks
• Up to two edge clocks for high-speed I/O interfaces (top and bottom sides only)
• Up to two analog PLLs per device with fractional-n frequency synthesis – Wide input frequency range (10 MHz to 400 MHz)
Non-volatile, Infinitely Reconfigurable
• Instant-on – powers up in microseconds
• Single-chip, secure solution
• Programmable through JTAG, SPI or I2 C
• Supports background programming of non-volatile memory
• Optional dual boot with external SPI memory
• In-field logic update while system operates
Enhanced System Level Support
• On-chip hardened functions: SPI, I2 C, timer/ counter
• On-chip oscillator with 5.5% accuracy
• Unique TraceID for system tracking
• One Time Programmable (OTP) mode
• Single power supply with extended operating range
• IEEE Standard 1149.1 boundary scan
• IEEE 1532 compliant in-system programming
Broad Range of Package Options
• TQFP, WLCSP, ucBGA, csBGA, caBGA, ftBGA, fpBGA, QFN package options
• Small footprint package options – As small as 2.5x2.5mm
• Density migration supported
• Advanced halogen-free packaging
Internet of Things